Preventing the use of unfair techniques throughout the duration of an exam, whether it be an online or physical exam, has proven to be a difficult undertaking. But if there are no effective procedures and means to prevent cheating in the online examination system, then, the likelihood of cheating grows unquestionably. One of the methods for ensuring the safety and security of online exams is to use online proctoring. Remote proctoring software allows test-takers to write their exams from a distant setting while protecting the integrity of the exam. Students are monitored via a camera using software that assures and confirms their identity. The video captured during a remote proctored exam aids in the detection of any unusual activity or behavior on the part of the test taker.
How does Remote Proctoring work?
Remote proctoring software allows the computer of the test taker to capture the live image throughout the test. It not only safeguards the integrity of the examination but also verifies the identity of the test taker.
- There’s an auto verification feature in remote proctoring which assesses the image of the test taker through the webcam and compares it with the ID or Passport size photo that the test taker submitted during the registration.
- This proctoring software can easily detect the suspicious noise and background activities of the test takers and host a flag/warning.
- It also ensures that the attention of the test taker remains on the screen of the computer and if they are referring to any book/tablet or any study material from behind the computer’s screen, the proctoring can detect that as well through their eyes’ movement.
- In the online examination system, one can also chat and actively interact with the test taker in any type of issue during the online exams.
Types of Remote Proctoring
There are three categories of proctoring: Live Proctoring, Recorded Proctoring, and Artificial Intelligence Proctoring.
The live proctor has a human proctor who monitors the exam on the screen whereas the recorded proctoring records the whole examination and a human invigilator reviews it later before the result declaration. Artificial Intelligence proctoring is the most advanced remote proctoring software. In this technique through Artificial Intelligence. There is absolute monitoring that is conducted and it has many features which automate almost every step of invigilation.
Can Online Proctoring Detect Screen Sharing?
The answer to this question is a big capital, YES. In the Online examination system, the remote proctors can detect screen sharing. If the test taker uses the different tabs on the screen, Google anything, that would be notified. There’s a mechanism to observe the activities of the computer and laptop screens.
The benefits of remote proctoring
- No Certain location centering: the candidate can attempt the test from anywhere. They don’t have to visit any particular area
- It saves: It’s more convenient. It saves time, travel expenses, and energy.
- It is safe: The automation of the invigilator eliminates the need to recruit a person and it is also more trusted.
With all these benefits and minimal risk, one can rely on remote proctoring. Such as Think Exam Proctoring Software. There are no such technicalities to be handled here. As students are instructed before beginning the test and the proctor aids the candidate with technological issues. Before beginning the test, the procedure is documented so that there are no complications for them afterward. The remote proctor prevents cheating. If practiced then can hamper the progress of that person, and the individuals around them and can restrict the growth and development of that organization as well who recruited the person with ineptitude as they ultimately become a liability to that institute.
Think Exam: Easy way to Conduct Secure Exams
Visit Think Exam LinkedIn Page for more articles.