The advent of Digitization has revolutionized the education domain, which is leading to shifting pen and paper-based exams to online examinations. However, the online examination system is automated and simplifying. Technology is significant for enhancing educational services and it is improving the overall process. Although, it would indirectly certify the better quality of education. The online examination system is fairly a new process for conducting exams for universities and colleges, and they are unaware of the problems that might arise.
Implementing online exam software requires patience and carefulness. It is helpful for administrators, students, and parents as well. However, many times schools face many challenges regarding online exam software. And, if you are choosing the wrong online software then, there may be problems with implementation. For proper implementation, you need proper software for conducting exams seamlessly.
5 mistakes during implementation
There are a few mistakes which schools and universities should avoid while implementing online exams software which is as follows:
- • Not focusing on technology security: Hence, technology is playing a significant role in simplifying the exam process. It is crucial to certify that there should be the highest security standard for safe and secure examination. Many schools and colleges are dependent on online exams, which can lead to malpractices. Also, there is no proper authentication and authorization of system access. It can result in unauthorized practices during exams.
- • Not Focusing on proper training: Online exams have replaced conventional pen and paper-based exams. It is crucial to certify that students must get proper training and they will feel confident about conducting online exams.
- • Making online exams complex: The usability of online exams plays a crucial role for stakeholders to adopt them. It should be user-friendly and easily accessible by a non-technical person as well.
- • Not offering mock exams: Mock exams help students to get familiar with the online exam. It would aid them practice and stimulate online learning. The workflow is comparatively the same as conventional examination.
- • Not emphasizing auditing: Online examination systems should have a proper verification mechanism. It should record everything about the online examination, like login details, student navigation, geotagging location, etc. Exam authorities should ensure that the exam should be conducted fairly.
Online exam software offers many advantages in conducting exams seamlessly. Also, it saves a lot of operational costs. However, points for pitfalls to avoid while implementing online exam software would help them to be aware of the benefits.